1. Name and contact data of party responsible for data processing and company data privacy officer
Party responsible (data controller):
mesonic datenverarbeitung gmbh (hereafter: mesonic)
Herzog-Friedrich-Platz 1, 3001 Mauerbach, Austria
Email: info [at] mesonic.com
Telefone: +43-(0)1-970 30-0
Fax: +43-(0)1-970 30-75
The data privacy officer at mesonic can be contacted at the address above, attn. Dr. Gerald Schnabl, or by email to datenschutz [at] mesonic.com.
2. Data processing and personal data storage: method and purpose of data usage
a) Visiting our website
When our website is opened in the browser operating on your end device, your browser automatically sends information to the server of our website. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following data is saved without your action and is saved until automated deletion:
- IP address of the PC opening the website,
- Date and time of access,
- Name and URL of the file opened,
- Website, from which the access was made (referrer URL),
- Browser used and in some cases the operating system of your PC and the name of your internet access provider.
This data will be processed by us for the following purposes:
- To establish smooth connections with the website,
- To ensure comfortable usage of our website,
- To enable reporting on system security and stability and
- Further administrative purposes.
This data processing conforms to the regulations of the European General Data Protection Regulations (hereafter "GDPR"), see Article 6, section 1, page 1, item 1. Our legitimate interest results from the data processing purposes as listed above. In no case will we use the data thus obtained for the purposes of analysis regarding your person.
We employ cookies and analysis services when visiting our website. Further information is contained in this document in sections 4 and 5.
b) Registering for our newsletter
When you have consented to data processing according to the EU GDPR (Art. 6, sec. 1, p. 1, item 1a), your email address will be used regularly to send you our newsletter. It is sufficient to merely provide an email address in order to receive the newsletter.
You can opt-out of newsletter reception at any time by using the corresponding link at the end of the newsletter. You can also opt-out of the newsletter by sending an email at any time to newsletter [at] mesonic.com.
c) Using our contact form
We offer a contact form on our website for questions of any type. At a minimum, a valid email address must be stated in the form, letting us know who entered the request, as well as enabling us to answer the question. Further data can voluntarily be entered when desired.
Data processing for the purpose of establishing contact is conducted once you have consented to data processing in accordance with EU GDPR (Art. 6, sec. 1, p. 1, item 1a).
Personal data entered during usage of the contact form will be deleted once your request has been handled and completed.
3. Data Passed on to Third Parties
We will not pass on data to third parties except under the following circumstances or for the following purposes:
- You have given express consent in accordance with EU GDPR (Art. 6, sec. 1, p. 1, item 1a).
- Such passing on of data is required to satisfy conditions for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, and there is no reason to assume that you have a substantial interest in protecting your personal data from transmission to third parties.
- Cases in which it is legally required to pass on data according to EU GDPR (Art. 6, sec. 1, p. 1, item c).
- Passing on of data is legally permissible and required for handling or performance of a contract to which you are party according to EU GDPR (Art. 6, sec. 1, p. 1, item b).
We employ cookies on our website. Cookies are small files, which are automatically generated by your browser and saved on your end device (laptop, tablet, smartphone, etc.), when you open our website. Cookies do no damage to your end device; they contain no viruses, trojans or other malware.
Information in connection with your specific end device is stored in the cookie. This does not mean, however, that we receive direct knowledge of your identity.
Cookies serve on the one side to make using your visit to our website more pleasant. We employ so-called session cookies, for example, to recognize that you have already visited a particular page on our website. These cookies are automatically deleted when our website is exited.
We also employ temporary cookies, which are saved on your end device for a particular, determined period of time, to optimize the user-friendliness of our website. When you revisit our website and reuse our services, entered data and settings from your previous visit to our website are automatically reloaded so you will not have to reenter or reset data.
Processing of data by means of cookies for the stated purposes above is necessary for the pursuance of our legitimate interests, and the interests of third parties, according to the EU GDPR (Art. 6, sec. 1, p. 1, item 1f).
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. You can configure your browser so that cookies cannot be saved on your end device, or at least that a message is displayed before a new cookie is saved. Full deactivation of cookies can mean, however, that you may not be able to use all the functions of our website.
5. Analysis Tools / Tracking Tools
We employ tracking measures listed in the following in accordance with the stipulations of EU GDPR (Art. 6, sec. 1, p. 1, item 1f). The tracking tools are employed to enable a needs-based design and continuing optimization of our website. We also employ tracking tools to generate usage statistics on our website, which in turn help us to improve our website content for you. These goals represent legitimate interests on our side in accordance with the named regulations.
The purposes of data processing and related data categories can be obtained from the respective tracking tools.
a) Google Analytics
- Browser type/version,
- Operating system used,
- Referrer URL (webpage used in advance),
- Host name of the accessing computer (IP address),
- Time of the server request,
This information is used to analyze website usage, to generate reports on website activities, and to enable services in connection with website and internet usage for the purpose of market research and needs-based design of said internet webpages. This information may be passed on to third parties when legally required or when third parties are subcontracted to process the data. Under no circumstances will your IP address be merged with other Google data. IP addresses are anonymized to ensure no linkage is possible (IP masking).
You can prevent installation of the cookie with corresponding browser settings; we would like to inform you in this case, however, that it will not be possible to use all features of our website to the fullest extent.
You can also prevent data detection by the cookie and data in connection with your usage of the website (including your IP address), as well as the processing of this data by Google, by downloading and installing the corresponding Browser Add-on.
As an alternative to the Browser Add-on, in particular for mobile end devices, you can allow deactivate data generation by Google Analytics, by clicking on this link: Google Analytics Opt-out. Status: Opt-out. An Opt-out cookie is created in this case, which prevents data from being collected when visiting our website. The Opt-out cookie only applies on this browser and for our website, and is saved directly on your end device. When you delete cookies for the browser, you must reset the Opt-out cookie again.
Further information on data protection in connection with Google Analytics can be found here: Google Analytics-Help.
b) Google Adwords Conversion Tracking
We use Google Conversion Tracking to statistically track usage of our website for the purposes of optimizing our website. A cookie is generated by Google Adwords (see item 4) on your computer, when you have reached our website by means of a Google advertisement.
These cookies lose their validity after 30 days and are not for the purpose of personal identification. When the user visits particular pages on the website of an Adwords customer and the cookie has not expired yet, Google and the customer can detect that the user has clicked on the advertisement and was subsequently directed to the web page.
Each Adwords customer receives a different cookie. This makes it impossible to track cookies through the web pages of Adwords customers. Information obtained by means of the conversion cookie is used to create conversion statistics for Adwords customers, who have opted to employ conversion tracking. Adwords customers are informed of the total number of users who have clicked on their advertisement and who were directed to a web page, which is linked to a conversion tracking tag. They do not, however, receive information that would allow them to personally identify users.
If you do not want to participate in the tracking process, you can refuse permission to have the cookie generated on your computer; e.g., with browser settings that generally deactivate cookies generation. You can also deactivate cookies for conversion tracking using the appropriate browser settings. Google's data protection instructions with regard to conversion tracking can be found here.
6. Social Media Plug-ins
We employ social media plug-ins of the social networks Facebook, Youtube and Google+ in conformance with EU GDPR (Art. 6, sec. 1, p. 1, item f), for the purpose of company name recognition. The implicit commercial purpose is a legitimate interest in accordance with the EU GDPR. Each web content supplier is responsible for operational conformance with regards to data protection. We implement these plug-ins by means of a so-called two-click method in order offer maximum protection to users of our website.
Social media plug-ins from Facebook are used on our website in order to personalize usage of the website. We use the "LIKE" or "SHARE" button. These represent features from Facebook.
When you call up a page of our website that contains such a plug-in, your browser establishes a direct connection to the Facebook server. The content of the plug-in is sent directly to your browser from Facebook and then inserted in the webpage.
Facebook receives information by usage of the plug-in that your browser called up the corresponding page of our website, even when you may not have a Facebook account or currently are not logged on to Facebook. This information (including your IP address) is sent by your browser directly to the Facebook server in the USA and stored there.
When you are logged onto Facebook, Facebook can directly associate the visit of our website to your Facebook account. When you interact with plug-ins, e.g., the "LIKE" or "SHARE" buttons, the corresponding information is sent directly to the Facebook server and stored there. This information is published in Facebook and displayed to your Facebook friends.
Facebook can use this information for advertising, market research or needs-based design of Facebook pages. Facebook generates usage, interests and relationship profiles in this regard, for example, in order to report on your usage of our website with regards to personalizing for you advertisement selections displayed in Facebook, to inform other Facebook users about your activities on our website so that other services can be supplied related to the usage of Facebook.
When you do not want to associate data collected in connection with our web offerings with your Facebook account, you must log off of Facebook before visiting our website.
The purpose and the extent of data collection and subsequent processing and usage of data by Facebook, as well as your rights in this regard, including options and settings to protect your privacy, can be obtained from the Data Protection Instructions from Facebook.
7. Rights of data subjects
You have the following rights:
- To obtain information on your personal data controlled by us as applies to Article 15 of the EU GDPR. In particular, you can demand information on the purposes of data processing, the category of personal data, the category of data recipients to whom your personal data has been or may be disclosed, the planned duration of storage, the existence of rights of correction, deletion or restriction of processing or revocation thereof, the existence of rights of complaint, the source of your data, assuming it was not gathered by us, and finally on the existence of automated decision-making procedures including profiling, and any significant information on related details;
- To demand timely correction or completion of your personal data stored by us in accordance with Art. 16 EU GDPR ;
- To demand deletion of your personal data stored by us in accordance with Article 17 EU GDPR, when such data is not required to protect rights of free expression of opinion and information, to fulfill legal obligations, for reasons of public interest, or the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- To demand the restriction of data processing of your personal data, upon your assertion of incorrect data, or the unlawful processing thereof, and when you reject the deletion of data that we no longer require the data, which you require, however, for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, or you have objected to data processing in accordance with Article 21 EU GDPR.
- To obtain your personal data obtained by us in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format or the transference of such to another data controller in accordance with Article 20 EU GDPR.
- To revoke at any time your consent in accordance with Article 7, section 3 EU GDPR. This results in our discontinuance of future processing of data that has been subject to your consent.
- To lodge complaints to a supervisory authority in accordance with Article 77 EU GDPR. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority in your normal place of residence, work place, or the location of your company.
8. Right to object
As long as your personal data has been processed on the basis of legitimate interests in conformance with EU GDPR, Art. 6, sec. 1, p. 1, item f, you have the right in accordance with Article 21 EU GDPR to object to the processing of your personal data, assuming the reasons arising from your particular circumstances or the objection is in reference to direct marketing. In the latter case, you have a general right to object, which we will implement without further statement of particular circumstance.
If you would like to exercise your right to object, send an email to datenschutz [at] mesonic.com.
9. Data Security
We employ the widely-used SSL method (Secure Socket Layer) in our website, which uses the highest level of encryption that is supported by your browser. As a rule, this is 256 Bit encryption. When your browser does not support this, we revert to a 128 Bit V3 encryption technology. You can see whether web pages of our website have been transmitted on an encrypted basis through the display of the "key and lock" icon in the IP address entry field of your browser.
We also employ suitable technical and organizational measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional misuse, partial or complete loss, destruction or undesired access by third parties. Our security measures are constantly being improved to keep pace with technological developments.